Saturday, August 28, 2010

Eggs in Bells

My breakfast earlier this week of an Egg baked in a Tomato was an enormous hit over on facebook. Friend Frank sent me a picture of his attempt that looked so mouthwateringly good that I am awarding him a dozen of my eggs for his enthusiasm and job well done. Friend Larry reposted the whole recipe so his vegetarian kids would see it. I'm thrilled.
Breakfast today for me and my hubby may be as popular -we'll see. It is an adaptation of an Everyday Food Magazine recipe (The original can be found on page 69 of the June 2010 Issue #73). I think mine is just as good as theirs. What do you think?

Eggs in Bells!
(I cut only 3 slices out of a bell pepper for this dish and MS-EF cuts 4. This, believe it or not, makes a lot of difference (in my opinion) to the flavor of the dish. Also, I save the bell pepper tops and ends, chopped, to use in salad at lunch or in other dishes I make that day.) Around here, this serves 2.

1 red bell pepper cut into 3 rings
3 large eggs
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 -1 red chili pepper, chopped
1/2 an avocado, sliced -optional
3 slices of whole grain toast
dash olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat a griddle and put on a dab of olive oil. Lay the bell pepper rings on the hot griddle and sprinkle in some green onion and chili. Crack an egg into each ring, top with some more green onion and chili and season with salt and pepper. Cook 'til done turning once. Season again with salt and pepper and serve each on a piece of toast with avocado and the remainder of the onion and chili as garnish. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment